Friday, March 07, 2008

A Hard Week

My grandmother (my dad's mom) passed away this week. She had fought a battle with Lou Gehrig's disease and eventually breathing just became too difficult. My dad was able to be with her before she passed. I feel a little guilty that I was not able to be there or make it to the funeral but I did not want to be traveling to Chattanooga this close to having the baby. Thankfully the baby held off and did not come this past week and make my parents feel torn as to where they should be because my grandfather needed them in Chattanooga with him. I know she will be looking over me during the birth of this new baby- I just wish she could have met him or her before she passed. Thank you to everyone who has offered such sweet thoughts and prayers this past week. My family and I really appreciate it.

3 comments:

Randi said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I'm sure she'll be watching over you during the birth, and hopefully she'll be able to be a source of strength for you. Take care of yourself, and you'll be in our prayers.

Unknown said...

Sad to hear about your grandmother. I will be thinking of and praying for your family, and hope everything goes smoothly with the arrival of the little one. I can't wait to hear if it's a he or she. =)

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say CONGRATS on the birth of Natalie Kate!!! I can't wait to see pictures and I hope everyone is doing well!