Monday, December 17, 2007

Quick Melanie/Pregnancy Update

Well, Melanie and potty training are two peas in a pod! She woke up this morning= dry from overnight!!!! Dry all day, even at gymnastics, Chick-fil-A and Publix. She had an accident at nap and then dry for the rest of the day!!!!!!!! Hooray. Today is her best day so far. She is even telling us when she needs to go to the bathroom. We were taking her about every 30 minutes and now we are up to an hour. I am still going to send diapers to her school tomorrow but hopefully after the long break maybe I won't have to in January. Clint and I have been hard at work getting her new room ready. I LOVE it. I can't wait to show it to her. It is going to be so hard for me to wait until her birthday.

I had my bi-weekly dr. appt. today and everything is perfect. The nurse played a trick on me. I am a little crazy about my weight and refuse to be weighed with my shoes on (I don't care if I am pregnant or not...I don't love to see the scale scoot up). So, I proceed to take off my shoes. So, keep in mind my weight last appt was 145. The nurse started scooting the top weight (the bottom is still on 100). She gets to the end, it didn't budge. I am thinking good grief...what in the world am I doing? Then she moves the big bottom bar to 150 and starts scooting the top bar...and scooting....and scooting...she gets to 160 and I turn around and say "something isn't right." There was no way I had gained 15+ pounds in 2 weeks. She started laughing- her foot was on the scale the whole time. She said if I was so silly about taking my shoes off she was going to have a little laugh. I was about to have a heart attack. But, no worries, I gained the normal 2 pounds and BP was great. The baby was super wiggly kicking the dr. multiple times and I measured normal so maybe last time I was just growing a little quick but I've evened out. Though I don't look like I did with Melanie I am gaining at the same rate so maybe this baby won't be huge after all.

3 comments:

Randi said...

That's so great that Melanie is having so much success with potty-training! What a difference that will make in your life and her caregivers too.
You and your weight...you are too much. YOU'RE PREGNANT!! Give yourself a break! Go have a milkshake! :)

Anonymous said...

Ruth says: Yay for Melanie! I'm glad your pregnancy is going well!

Unknown said...

I agree...you're pregnant!!! Indulge yourself a little! And it must be nice to be able to put your weight on here w/out being ashamed!
Yea for Melanie! Such a big big girl! Can't wait to see her new room!