Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Christmas Tree Farm




We took Melanie to go buy a Christmas tree this past weekend. We went to Home Depot first and could not find a good tree. She cried when we left without one. Then we went to a tree farm and found an average tree. I do not love it but the selection was terrible this year (not to mention the outrageous price!). Next year I think we may be going with a fake tree. She loves the tree and we are decorating it any day now so I think she will probably love the tree even more then.

I went to the doctor on Monday for my 24 week appointment. Everything was perfect. I had gained 6 pounds instead of 4- oops. I guess I had a little to much Thanksgiving fun! My BP was fine and the baby sounded great. I feel much larger this time around so I asked the dr. how I was measuring and she let me know I am measuring 2 weeks ahead of schedule. She is not quite sure the reason at this point. If I measure big at my next appt. they may do another ultrasound just to check out what is happening.

Melanie is getting super excited as we clear out the guest room to make room for her new big girl room. I was able to sell most of the items at work but I am still hanging onto a dresser and the bedding set which nobody wanted to buy...any takers :) But the room is mostly clear. Clint is going to paint it soon and the furniture has been shipped so all should be ready to go by her birthday. So fun! She tells me that the baby can have her crib but not her Dora (which she sleeps with every night). I explained that she gets to take her toys to her new room and just leave the furniture and she seems okay with that but we'll see. Her latest story for us and Clint's parents:
Melanie, how was school today? Did you go to the playground?
Mel: No, gym.
Oh, you went to the gym, what did you all do there?
Mel: Play balls with Mason.
Did you have fun with Mason?
Mel: He's my favorite.
Did you play with Zach and Grace?
Mel: Zach sleep with Ms. Nita (apparently Zach took a nap).
Oh, what else did you do?
Mel: Eat lunch.
What did you eat for lunch?
Mel: Crackers, cheese, and raisins.
Then she begins to tell me what each child ate for lunch...some had beans, some had sandwich, etc. I didn't keep track of it all. She has also been talking about a friend named Hazel. Clint's parents checked on who Hazel was....Apparently Hazel is a bird in a song they sing. Melanie must really like that song! But, it is nice to be able to actually learn what she did at school rather than just by reading her daily note.

1 comment:

Randi said...

It sounds like you guys are having fun getting your house ready for cashew.
Don't worry too much about your weight. You've always been a healthy, conscious eater so I'm sure you're eating what you need for the baby. Maybe you're 2 weeks farther along than the doctors thought you were.?... I'm sure you wouldn't mind having an earlier due date...