Monday, December 10, 2007

Busy Busy!



Okay maybe I don't totally hate him





Melanie with her decorated cookie

We have finally decorated our tree. Melanie was so funny. She was really into decorating the tree but wanted every ornament right on the edge of the limb so it almost broke. She talks about "her" ornaments each time she sees the tree. The tree is "so beautiful" when we turn on the lights. My friend Elizabeth gave her a Fisher Price nativity set for Christmas. Melanie LOVES it! She opened it and said "awwww, Baby Jesus, how cute." She knows more about the true Christmas story than I gave her credit for. She must be learning quite a bit in school. We went to look at neighborhood Christmas decorations last night and Melanie was all about the nativity scenes she saw. She would say, "look, Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus, how cute." Clint and I are having to brush up on our religion to even remotely sound like we know what we are talking about when she is talking to us.

We went to my work's Christmas party on Friday night. She had Ms. Mary Eveyln come and babysit and she brought her cousin Ms. Rebecca along b/c my friend Elizabeth was bringing her 6 month old over to be watched as well. Melanie had a good time with the baby. Apparently she needed a little prompting to share her toys and was pretty determined to get in Sarah's walker but all in all things are looking bright for the new baby. The next morning we went to my school's Winter Wonderland. Melanie got to have breakfast with Santa. This Santa was also super nice and realistic looking. Melanie even sat with him for about 2 seconds. She made some crafts, had her face painted and then decorated cookies with Ms. Claus. That night TJ had his annual Christmas party and Melanie got to stay with Ms. Mary Eveyln again. Today she is going to another work Christmas party with me but this one is just with the special ed staff and normally their little kiddos tag along. She is excited about seeing baby Sarah again.

One reason why I enjoy staying home:
The other day Melanie was playing in the backyard and saw her shadow. She was so excited that she chased it around and then she got on the ground and gave it a hug. Today she saw it again as we were going into gymnastics and she tried to teach it how to march :) I love moments like these!

2 comments:

Randi said...

How cute! I love the shadow story!

Unknown said...

That is so sweet that she tried to hug her shadow! And you're right, there are so many moments that happen where I am so thankful that I get to stay at home with my 2!
Now, if we could just keep her out of timeout!!!