Monday, October 01, 2007

Busy Weekend











Melanie had a fun playdate this past Friday. We met our friends Zach and Grace at the park and then went out to lunch. It had been a while since I got to see Melanie play with them. They are in the same class at school but you can only ask a 1 1/2 year old so much about their school day. They are all so different but yet all so much like 1 1/2- 2 year olds! We then went to McDonalds for a lunch date with them and Melanie, Zach and Grace climbed to the top of this structure and Rachel and I couldn't even see them. I guess they liked it!

On Saturday Clint ended up going to the GA game with his brother and wife and our neighbor. It was educator appreciation day at the zoo and I really wanted to go so Melanie, my mom and I went to the zoo. It was a great deal- I was free, Melanie was free and my mom got $3 off. Then we got 10% in the stores and food places. It was funny at the beginning. Melanie was in some trance. I don't know if it was the number of people or what but for about 30-45 minutes she didn't say much or show much emotion. The people at the beginning really hang around the exhibits and it gets really crowded. It thins out as you make your way through the zoo. Melanie's personality came out later on. I didn't remember the zoo taking so long. We were there about 4 hours and could have easily stayed at least one more but we were all exhausted and Melanie was falling asleep. My favorite thing was the gorillas. However, we took Melanie's picture by the gorilla statue and right after the picture she busted her lip. It was pretty dramatic. She didn't know quite what to think of the petting zoo. The animals were large and there was nothing separating you from the animals. She loved the carousel with my mom. Enjoy the pics!

The funny ones are from dinner club at TJs house.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hmmm, was she drinking from her cup or that beer behind her?! Very funny pics! Glad you had fun at the zoo-maybe we'll try it soon...but I'll have to take more help than my mom!