Thursday, October 18, 2007

Quick Funny Story

Melanie has become VERY excited about Halloween (or Hallowing as she calls it). She loves to talk about it and all of the decorations she sees out and about. We have done a lot of role playing about what you do on Halloween. She knows that her costume is a cat (or in her version a "tat"). So at dinner on Wednesday night she was telling TJ's girlfriend Becca all about it....
What are you going to be for Halloween?
A tat!
What do you say when you go out in your costume and knock on the doors?
Trick or treat.
What do they give you?
Candy!
Then I pipe in...what do you say when you get candy?
Yeah (not what we practiced...so I ask again)
What do you say when you get candy?
Melanie pumps her fist in the air and says "WAHOOO!"
So funny. The answer I was hoping for was "Thank you." But obviously Melanie is quite excited about the candy!

By the way my stomach has felt MUCH better the past two days- no pain. I feel like I did when I was pregnant with Melanie (which was SUPER!).

2 comments:

Randi said...

That's hilarious. That sounds like something you would have said when you were younger. :)

Unknown said...

TJ was just telling me that story last night...too funny! I guess I should be doing the same thing b/c Grace and Zach have no idea what to say!!
Glad you are feeling better too!