Monday, May 19, 2008

While the boys are away the girls...SURVIVE

Clint, Chris and Brian went to play golf on Sunday to celebrate Brian's birthday. So, Melanie, Natalie and I went on a shopping day to play. As any mom knows shopping with kids isn't easy but it is still shopping so I still love it- and I have to admit, my girls are SUPER shopping partners- much better behaved than other kids I see in stores. So, for lunch we stopped at Moe's. We were all seated and happily eating and talking. I finished my food and proceeded to nurse Natalie while Melanie finished eating. Next thing I know Melanie is projectile vomiting all over the table, floor and herself. Well, I still had Natalie attached to my boob so I am getting her off without exposing myself to the restaurant, putting her in her carseat, and grabbing Melanie. I run them both to the bathroom- leave them there while Melanie is screaming at the top of her lungs, run back out to the manager tell him we've had an accident in the back booth that needs to be cleaned up, run back in the bathroom and start the cleanup process. Melanie's change of clothes was in the car so I just had to strip her to her underwear and stuff the nasty clothes in a baggie in my purse and take off her shoes and stuff them in my purse. Meanwhile Natalie has explosive poop that I have to clean while my naked daughter is crying next me to. I get everyone clean (but not quiet) and have to leave the restaurant holding my purse, a carseat and a naked 2 year old. I quickly thank the manager (Moes' on 124- give them your business- they were great!) and run out. Melanie was just fine once I got her dressed and supposedly she choked on a piece of cookie and it made her gag and throw up. AAAHHH! Drama!

Today Melanie had her gymnastics "show." Clint's mom came to watch and gave her $2 for graduation from preschool. I took Melanie shopping with her $ (I asked her if she wanted to save it in her piggy bank or buy something and she picked SHOP). She proudly carried her $ around and picked a shirt on clearance at Kohl's (for $1.60) and paid the lady and carried her bag around proudly. So cute! I' m proud of her for picking clothes!!!

5 comments:

kelly said...

I think that Moe's is RIGHT next to the Verizon store where Spencer morphed into a spider monkey...we should get the gang together! I bet the managers would love that!

Unknown said...

Kudos to you for surviving that Moe's trip!! And taking them both shopping prior to that! Glad to hear Natalie is taking to shopping like her mama and sister!

Anonymous said...

Ruth Said....
OMG!

Elizabeth said...

This makes anyone who thought they had a bad/crazy day say, "well, I guess it could have been worse." :-)

Anonymous said...

Ruth says... Yes, I totally agree with elizabeth.