Friday, May 09, 2008

The Life of a Working Mom "AKA- Back to Reality"

Well, I didn't realize how nice my maternity leave was until it was over. I was shopping so much and spending so much money that I thought it was probably a good thing to return to work. Don't get me wrong...I love my job and I love working...it keeps my mind going and gives me something different to talk about rather than Melanie and Natalie but it is a bit hard to balance it all. I also am contracting part-time now with Babie's Can't Wait and I have 8 clients that I see on Wednesday. Holy Cow is that exhausting! I felt like I cheered the longest game of my life b/c it is like I am putting on a cheerleading performance for each parent and child the hour I am at their house. So when I get home it is not too much relaxing time b/c I have the girls fed, clean, and packed for the next day and then it is time for bed. This is all why I LOVE LOVE LOVE working part time. I get to get out, save a little $ (while earning $) but I have time to see the girls and play at home also.
Soooooo....Natalie has had some poop drama this week. She pooped Monday and then not again until Wednesday morning and now no more to this point. So she is super fussy at night when she feels constipated and can't go. So, she proceeds to cry ALL NIGHT!!!! Each night Clint and I are each getting about 2-4 hours of sleep. AAAHHHH!!!! Last night we were about to have a nervous breakdown when she hadn't pooped, we were sleep deprived and it was midnight and she was screaming. So I put her in the car seat and took her for a drive. It was pouring rain, I didn't have on a bra or shoes but off we went. Well after about 15 mintues I thought it was seeming pretty dangerous b/c I was getting more and more tired so we can home. Guess what she was asleep. I put her in her room (at 12:30) and just prayed she would last until my alarm went off at 4:30- no luck...she was awake 15 minutes later. So Clint and I are like zombies today She has her 2 month appointment on Monday so we will see if it is something in my diet or something causing the problems. But, other than that Natalie and Melanie are wonderful and lots of fun each day...and Natalie loves to smile and coo when I talk to her. So sweet!

1 comment:

Randi said...

Bless your heart! Bo woke up once last night and it was enough to make me feel robbed of sleep this morning. I can only imagine how you're feeling waking up every 2-4 hours. We have the same poopy issues from time to time, but it's gotten better as Bo gets older. His babysitter swears by putting a little Caro syrup in their bottles but we have yet to try that. I tend to do more of the tummy massages, warm baths and relaxation techniques with Bo just because I'm overly cautious about him relying on something to eat/drink to help him go poopy. If worse comes to worse, we've used the suppositories. Those are always a treat...(j/k).