Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Not too much going on...

I went to the doctor last Friday. My stagnant weight is no longer stagnant. I guess I just went through a couple of weeks of not really growing but I am growing in full force again- lovely. Everything looks great. The doctor said I was not dilated anymore and she wasn't even convinced I was 1-2. Lovely. Lately my biggest pregnancy complaint is my back. With Melanie I had some minor back pains- not anything I enjoyed but not anything I couldn't live with. I don't know if it is because I am carrying this one differently but my back KILLS!!!! I have resorted to wearing tennis shoes most of my life which if you know me pretty good know this is not my norm. They don't seem to be helping. I try my hardest to not pick up anyone at work and pick up Melanie minimally. But, by the end of the day being upright and walking is about the hardest thing I can do. I just want to lay down and take all weight off my back. I asked Clint if he can just walk behind me holding the baby up for me. But, I guess in the grand scheme of things if this is the worst thing going on I can grin and bear it and be glad the baby is getting a chance to get big and healthy! Clint's dad had to go out of town for work and it was so weird- he said "I hope everything goes well with the delivery." That made me realize how soon the delivery actually is. (His dad is gone for spring training so he probably will not be back before I have the baby.) But, other than my back the pregnancy is moving along very well. Contractions are minimal. They are mostly only the kind I can feel if my hand is on my stomach. I will get about 3-5 a day that stop me from walking and I just wait them out but all in all that problem did not continue as the doctors told me it would- thank goodness! The baby is still moving some-though not as much. Feeling the baby move is my favorite part of pregnancy. Now when it moves it is quite the deliberate action because the baby is so big. You can see as well as feel all of the movements. Melanie is super obsessed with the baby right now. She has always talked to the baby and kissed my stomach but now she is constantly lifting up my shirt, sticking her finger in my belly button (or the hernia that is sticking out of what use to be a cute belly button) and singing/talking the baby. Every morning she asks "Is the baby coming today?" At night when she says her prayers she likes to know what Clint and I are thankful for and she will say what she is thankful for and for about a month now she also wants to know what the baby is thankful for (I normally incorporate something about what I ate that day or if I got the chance to rest- that). It is really cute. But all in all everyone is doing well and not much has changed. The nursery and the car seats are ready...just waiting on the big day!

Oh by the way- this baby better NOT come on 2/29. Leap Year is about the worst birthday I can imagine. I am a little nervous with this family and holidays....

3 comments:

Randi said...

Very exciting! You have less than a month before you'll be relieved from the back pain and will be able to meet your new little one! I bet Melanie will be happy to talk to the baby when he/she finally gets here.

Unknown said...

Every time I check your blog, I see how close you are to having this baby! It has flown by(to me at least!)I'm glad you are feeling better though. And I hope that Melanie is still super excited once the baby gets here and doesn't get jealous instead.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Miss Leslie... I hope everything goes smooth with your new little arrival. Keeping my fingers crossed for a quick and easy delivery...

Bo's Nana