Friday, February 22, 2008

The Funny Things 2 Year Olds Say

So Melanie says the funniest things these days and though some of them are probably not very good and I have to put her in time out or give her a lecture they are still SO FUNNY!
1- She is obsessed with saying "Oh my God." Hmmmm, I can only blame myself. I am completely the one who says this in our house. So, needless to say I am watching myself and we say alot of "Oh my gosh" now and Melanie now knows that we talk about God when we say prayers not in her little saying. So, the priss pot that she is now says "Oh my God. God made me." As if this rights the wrong.
2- She says "Dopey." I don't know where she got it but she calls everything dopey. So I try to explain this is a dwarf on Snow White but she has never seen Snow White so basically I am trying to ignore it.
3- She constantly is asking me "What's the big idea?" Yet again I have no idea where she got this one but she enjoys saying it.
4- So, as you all know I am pale and pregnant. Also, for those of you with experience being pregnant you realize your veins get much more prominent- especially on your chest. After we got out of the shower the other day I was getting Melanie dressed and I did not have a shirt on. She looked at my chest and pointed at it and said, "Mommy who colored on those?" I guess she thought someone took a blue marker all over my boobs. Lovely.
5- She thinks if you are only wearing underwear you are naked. Yesterday at my parents she asked my mom where Pops was. My mom explained that he was still asleep. Melanie asked "Is he naked?" Mom took her upstairs and Melanie say my dad's chest and she said "Pops are you naked or something?" She also says this to Clint if he only has on his underwear upstairs she'll laugh and say, "Daddy you naked."

She is still obsessed with singing songs and does it all day long and car rides are NEVER quiet! It is constant conversations even if I am not paying too much attention.

So life is fun but oh so funny these days. She went for her 2 year old appointment and got an A+. She weighs 28 lbs (65th percentile) and was 35.75 inches tall (86th percentile). Our big girl. She only cried when they looked in her ear and gave her a Hep A shot. Otherwise she was really good- even for the finger prick. She was very interested in the nurse drawing blood.

2 comments:

Randi said...

How fun! I bet Melanie keep you and Clint on your toes!
One of my students says "That's a big idea!" (instead of saying good idea) so maybe there's some training that kids go to where they learn these phrases..:)

Unknown said...

Sooo funny--I love reading about the cute things that all the munchkins say. Even the 1st graders I work with have an endless supply of hilarious comments. =)