Sunday, January 13, 2008

My 2 Year Old


Bubbles! Thank goodness for a fenced in backyard- a little relief when you have 3 2 year olds, 1 3 year old and 1 1 year old running around!


Pinata fun


Caydie the kid occupier :)


Baseball...Daddy's sport of the past- has the taught her a little golf on the side?


Grace showing off Melanie's boa


Let the present chaos begin!


Really enjoying the sugar festivities


Happy Birthday to Melanie...


It's a Wiggly 2nd Birthday!


Loving her new bed


Loving her table and chairs


Checking out her new room first thing in the morning


January 13, 2008 (showing you how old she is )


January 13, 2007


January 13, 2006

Can you believe it? Clint and I have a 2 YEAR OLD!!! I can't believe that 2 years ago we bringing home Melanie for the first time. Before Clint and I went to bed last night (a little after 11:00) we were talking about how I wasn't even in labor at that point 2 years ago and not 6 hours later we had a baby (Melanie was born at 4:50 am). I can't believe in 10 weeks we are due to bring home baby number 2. Everyone says you have the same level of feelings for baby number 2 but how can you top the feelings you have for baby number 1- maybe they will be equal :)

Melanie's birthday weekend was perfect (aside for Clint having to leave for Dallas this morning for work). Saturday morning we all woke up and she immediately knew it was her birthday party day. We came down and had breakfast and then I was so excited that we proceeded to show her the new bedroom. She walked in in wonderment! She stopped and admired all the different pieces (her table, her bed, the pillows, the pictures, etc.) She finally got on her bed and looked up and saw all of the butterflies hanging from the ceiling and was amazed. We have it on video and it is so sweet. Our day consisted of cleaning, cleaning, shopping, and setting up for the party. We made Melanie go down for an early nap in order to have her up by the time everyone arrived and we put her down around 12:00. For about 30 minutes we listened to her talk to herself about her new room. ("My new room. Daddy painted it pink. Look butterflies-ceiling. My new room. Blah, blah, blah). We thought she would never go to sleep but she finally drifted off. She woke up and came down to the next level of amazement. The house was "magically" transformed to a party house while she was asleep. She loved all of the Wiggles decorations and the people started to arrive. It was a wonderful party full of family and friends. Melanie loved all of the commotion. The kids were very excited about the cake so we dipped into it quite early in the party. It wasn't as eventful as last year :) Melanie loved it none the less. The presents were also quite different last year. She needed lots of coaxing last year...not this year. Between Grace and Melanie the presents were opened in record time. I don't even know if she realized what all she was pulling out. It was just how quick can we open them all. She (along with the other kids) wanted to play with everything immediately so everyone was in charge of opening and putting together whatever they purchased. That was a SUPER plan that I recommend should be enacted at every party. It sure saves much time for the parents! After that we played outside and with the pinata. My house turned into a war zone of candy, trinkets, goody bags, wrapping paper, toys, toy parts and trash. It was chaos!!!! But it was wonderful. By the time everyone left, and we had gone out to dinner Clint, Melanie, and I crashed! I was quite still on the couch and of course Petunia woke up and was quite active. I think it was thinking...."okay mom, my turn!" It was a wonderful day and I couldn't have asked for it to go any better.

Clint had to leave for Dallas at 6:30 on Sunday morning. He really wanted to wish Melanie a happy birthday on her birthday so he woke her up and sang her happy birthday and then put her in my bed. I hate that he had to miss her actual birthday (and I know he did too) but he was able to spend the whole party day with her. I just made the day all about Melanie. We played with all of her new toys in the morning and went to lunch with my parents, uncle and cousin (who I need to hire to play with Melanie- Melanie is in love with Caydie!), played at my parents for a little while, went to the dollar store and then played all night at home. My neighbor growing up always gave me as a birthday present the dollar amount of my age. So for Melanie she gave her a few trinkets and $2. Melanie and I went to the dollar store for her to spend her $2. It was quite the lesson in budgeting. Melanie first found a (ugly) Valentines Snow globe. She held it so carefully saying, "snow, glass." She was set that this was 1 of the 2 things she was going to purchase. We saw babies, dress up accessories, bottles, all kinds of things...no the ugly snow globe was the object of choice. Then she saw some Winnie the Pooh board books. She decided she wanted 2 of them. So it was quite the ordeal-did she want 2 book or 1 book and the snow globe. After quite the debate (and kicking off her shoes) she decided on the 2 books. Then as I continued shopping she saw a hair accessory set (makeup bag with comb, brush and mirror). The debate began again 2 books or 1 book and hair set. We settled on 1 book and the hair set. She was so cute. As we checked out I paid for my items then she handed hers to the cashier and then without prompting reached in her purse and gave him the $2 (I pitched in 0.12) and she took her bag of items and purse and carried them to the car to show her baby. It was very cute and "big" of her. She then came home and sat at the table with her scissors and clipped coupons with me, played school (flashcards and worksheets...pretend) and proceeded to act like a grownup. She called Clint to wish him goodnight...so sweet. Then she watched John and Kate +8 on TLC and was enthralled with the kids. Hopefully she will never have 8 kids! All in all a perfect bonding day with her.

Enjoy the pics of my big girl!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy for real Birthday Melanie!! We had a blast at your party yesterday, and we hope we didn't open too many of your presents or trash your house too badly! We would LOVE for you to come to our house and play sometime!
Love,
Zach & Grace