Friday, January 18, 2008

Dr. Appt, Gymnastic Graduation, SNOW!


Posing with Nanna


Getting stamps when they are finished


showing off her medal


Working on beam skills independently


Working on forward rolls on the balance beam with Mr. Paul


Climbing with her friends Joshua and Jillian


She loves the bars!


posing :)


Balancing a beanbag on her belly


It was actually sticking!


It's snowing!

I had my next doctor's appointment on Monday. It went great. Surprisingly I haven't gained any weight, however the baby is continuing to grow. I am still measuring 1 1/2 weeks ahead but the doctor said that is not indicative of delivering early unless my cervix shows signs of progressing once they start the exams (not until the last month). Other than that everything looks great. Hooray!

Melanie's gymnastics semester finale was on Monday. They got to have family members come watch and received medals. Melanie was excited to see Nanna, Pawpaw and Pops there. Mamaw had to work and Clint was in Dallas. It was very cute. We have signed up for the next semester and a couple of her good friends are also in that class so we are excited to start. Just another props for the Little Gym of Snellville. I have been overly impressed with them- especially the owner Mr. Paul who has been teaching Melanie's class since the original teacher, Ms. Melissa, left.

And...it snowed this week! Holy cow- we couldn't believe it! Since Clint was out of town it was just Melanie and I so she ran around in the backyard for 10-15 minutes getting very wet (and it was super cold) and then we came in. We didn't play when it was really sticking b/c it was dark by then but maybe next snow day- sorry Melanie.

Clint was out of town this week on a business trip to Dallas. More power to all of the single parents or parents of traveling partners. It gets a little boring just being here and playing with the kids the whole time. I can only make so much small talk and play "Kitchen set" so many times without a little adult interaction- I kind of feel like I am back at work- just without a para pro. The good thing about Clint being gone was not worrying about what I would cook. I ate cereal for 1 week straight and LOVED it!!! Melanie is super easy and will eat a turkey sandwich and peas and think it is delicious. But, we were super happy when Clint made it home last night.

No comments: