Monday, November 26, 2007

When will it be Christmas?


Never did I think Melanie was going to be so into Christmas. She is obsessed. She loves all of the decorations, clothes, presents, songs, EVERYTHING! We were driving and at the intersection of Grayson Parkway and Grayson Highway they have every light post as far as you can see decorated with the silly holiday things the city puts on the light posts. Melanie says (it is dark outside) "Dad, look, Dad, look, AMAZING!" She loved the decorations. She is so excited that we have wrapped presents for her at the house. She thinks they are all for her. She wanted to unwrap them and I told her no, not yet. She said, "In 2 hours?" I had to explain the answer to that was no also. Last year I made the mistake of waiting too late to buy her birthday and Christmas clothes and the stores were starting to put out summer clothes....WHAT? Who wears summer clothes January 1st? Anyway I wasn't going to make that mistake this year. So Clint watched Melanie and Aileen, Becca, and I took a girls shopping outing. We purchased lots of things but I got Melanie all of her "event" clothes. I brought them back and she LOVED her "Christmas clothes." She carried them around on their hangers forever and finally hung them in her closet herself. She also thinks my pitiful mantel decorations are "wow." So we took her stocking down and let her practice taking stuff out. Clint is teaching her the Christmas songs we sing at my work that unfortunately he has had to memorize over the years. So, enjoy the picture of my child in her Christmas morning outfit practicing how to use her stocking. I think she will be set by Christmas!

1 comment:

Randi said...

Melanie sounds a little like me. I like to listen to Christmas CDs throughout the year. Christmas time is the best!!