Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving













I still have problems with some of the captions so at Clint's parents it is Melanie and Rodney's brother Jerry along with Brian and Dawn.
At one of the houses it is my mom's mom (also called Ma) and my mom's brother Ronnie and his wife- he did a super job aggravating Melanie as he did me (all in good fun of course!)
At the other house it is my dad's parents (Granny and Pawpaw- Melanie was trying so hard to keep all the names and family ties understood) along with my dad's brother's Ricky and Wally.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We started off at Clint's parents. His mom a DELICIOUS spread of food. Clint's uncle Jerry was able to make it which was nice because we don't see him often. After that we took a road trip to Chattanooga to see both sets of my grandparents and my parents siblings. Melanie was super. She slept all the way there and all the way back and had no problem sleeping in her pack and play (which we hadn't used since our beach trip this summer) in the same room as us! She warmed right up to all of the family members after only a few minutes and was so cute and lovable to everyone.

She is still doing excellent in her big girl bed- however she does know she can get in and out as she pleases. But she really doesn't get out until the morning- which is fine with me. She can get out and play and give us a couple more minutes of sleep.

Baby Petunia is growing- boy is is growing (at least I am so I hope it is also!) I will be 23 weeks tomorrow. This pregnancy has flown by compared to Melanie. It is quite the wiggly baby. I thought it was suppose to sleep way more than it is...hmmmmmm... I hope this is no indication of future sleep patterns! So far it is in the exact same position Melanie was in. With it's feet in my upper right under my rib cage and arms down in my lower left. I remember feeling Melanie's little fingers down in my lower left stomach but I can't quite feel fingers yet. I feel like I am carrying this baby lower than Melanie.

1 comment:

Randi said...

You're so lucky. Thanksgiving would be a great holiday to be pregnant for. Yum..all the good food! By the way, Mike (from our cohort) and his wife Cate are expecting twins in the beginning of June. They look like they are going to be identical. Just wanted to let you know.