Monday, November 05, 2007

So sweet!




We went to see the baby today. This appointment was MUCH less traumatic than the last. First off, Melanie was not invited. I wore her out at gymnastics and took her to her grandparents. Second, my stomach pains have not been around for almost 3 weeks- hooray! The doctor said they are normally the worst between 12-20 weeks for 2nd pregnancies so hopefully I am all but finished with those. Third, my hernia looked fine on the ultrasound and did not cause the doctor any worries. She assured me that a vaginal delivery would not be affected by the hernia. She also said that surgery is an option but not pressing by any means. She said that I should wait a couple of months after the delivery and see if I am having any problems...if not...don't worry. Fourth, the heartbeat was loud and clear and the baby was quite wiggly. And...fifth, the ultrasound was fantastic. Everything the doctor measured and believe me, it is alot (the heart valves, head circum., bladder, etc.) is perfect. The baby weighs 12 ounces. I think the ultrasound technician could tell if it was a boy or girl- she had to get a pelvic bone measurement and had us turn our heads and not look. But, pretty much the baby kept it's back to us the whole time. If any of you remember, Melanie stayed profile the whole time so I think my babies are smart and don't show their stuff too early. So, enjoy the pictures- we sure are!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sooo precious!! Its hard to believe by looking at that pic that he/she only weighs 12 ounces!!! John swears he knows what it is! We shall see if he's right! Can't wait to see you Saturday!

Randi said...

How exciting and reassuring for you that "cashew" is growing so healthy!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I finally figured out how to leave a comment! I'm sooo glad all is growing smoothly!