Saturday, April 01, 2006

Yet Another "First"

She is looking over my mom's shoulder.

Well, I have to say this is not a first I'm proud to brag about...she got kicked out of daycare for the first time. Clint had to work late so I took her to the gym daycare while I worked out (I only planned on being there for 30 minutes and Clint was going to come and get her as soon as he could). Melanie was asleep when I dropped her off but she must have decided it would be much more fun to torture the poor employees. They came and got me after about 20 minutes and said she was crying and they couldn't get her to stop. I went in to check on her and she had stopped crying and the employee was holding her and walking around. I only had 10 minutes left of my training session so I told them if she started up again to come and get me. Well about 7 minutes later the girl came to get me- Melanie was finished being in the daycare for the day and needed her mommy. People who work with kids always go home with a story about a particular kid- sometimes a cute story and sometimes a not so cute story...I have a feeling Melanie was "that kid." The employees probably went home and talked about a baby that screamed for 30 minutes-AAHHH! I want her to be the kid they go home and talk about her cute smiles, cute outfits, yummy smell, etc. What in the world would Melanie do if I had to put her in daycare when I return to work? I'm sure my dad is thrilled at the prospect of keeping her when I go back to work now-don't worry dad- I 'm sure she will be an angel for you.
But, on a different note, her growth spurt seems to be over. She is sleeping through the night again. She had her first sleepover. My mom had surgery and Melanie and I went to stay at her house and help out. We took enough supplies over to their house to stay for a week instead of a night but you never know what you might need! Melanie slept very well in the cozy crib that my mom has set up. She also got to see Clint's dad for the first time in a month (he was in Arizona for spring training). She was very excited to see her Papa and was on her best behavior. She showed him how she can hold herself up when she is on her belly- what a big girl!

1 comment:

Rhiannon said...

Leslie,

This website is so cute. I'm having such a good time keeping up with you guys. Mason would always scream when I left him with someone else (even Jason!) and sometimes still does! She'll have those daycare workers wrapped around her little finger soon enough. Babies just get so attached to their mommies. She's soooo adorable!