Sunday, April 09, 2006

Big Weekend












We had a very busy Saturday! It began with Melanie getting her first professional pictures. We went to the Picture People at the Mall of Georgia and could not have been more pleased with our experience. We had the first appointment of the day and Melanie was in a fantastic mood. She looked so cute and smiled and was having a blast. She then completed two additional poses naked and we started another pose in a 2nd outfit but she had done all of the smiling she was going to do for the morning. While we waited on the pictures to get developed we had her picture taken with the Easter Bunny. It was okay- she didn't cry but it is by no means an amazing picture. When we finally picked up our pictures I couldn't stop smiling. They print all of the pictures out and bring you 6 complete packages and they had the best picture in a 10x13 already framed. She was gorgeous! It took all I had to not buy it all. But we came out of the experience with some amazing 3 month pictures.

Later in the day we went to TJ's birthday party. He had everyone dress up in Hawaiian clothes. There were lots of kiddos there (Grace, Zach, Caroline, and Melanie) and they all looked sooooo cute! Obviously the all of us moms had fun playing dress up with our little ones.

Tomorrow is a big day for me...I go back to work. I am kind of ready and I have LOTS that needs to be accomplished at work but I hate to leave Melanie. I am very lucky that I have the privilege to leave her with family so I don't have to worry about people caring for her, but no one can do it like mommy! Clint is staying home the first two days, then his mom is taking her on Weds. and my mom on Thurs. and I have Friday off- so my first week is a short week. My dad will be on his retirement trip and next Monday he will star in his babysitting debut. I will update everyone on how work went later on in the week. Enjoy the pictures!

No comments: