Monday, April 10, 2006

First Day of Work

I went back to work today. It went amazingly well! I got Melanie up at 5:00 to feed her and put her back in her crib. Then I got ready (in peace...no baby, dog, or husband to interrupt or rush me). I got out of the door on time and on my way to work. My class was so well cared for when I was gone. My room was clean and I had a HUGE stack of stuff that they had for me to file and go through. My coworkers took over all of my duties when I was gone and made my absence very stress-free. Everything was so organized and waiting for my return. Needless to say my "To Do" list at work is massive. The biggest obstacle at work is pumping my milk but it went okay today. Surprisingly I was not upset about being away from Melanie but I think it was because I was comforted in knowing that she was with family. Clint had a great day with Melanie, though Melanie didn't want to nap for her daddy, but all in all it went quite well. So day 1 away from Melanie went well....but I was so happy to see her when I got home. I can't wait until I can get a true reaction from her when she sees me after a long day- today it was just some looks and smiles (but that is enough for me!).

If you are checking in on her life please leave a note so I know who is staying up to date on her little life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey leslie-
i'm glad your first day back to work went well. i know you can't wait for melanie to give you big smiles when you walk in the door-don't worry, it will happen soon!
it was fun to see ya'll saturday, we'll have to do it more often!
-rachel, john, zach & grace