Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Day in the life of the Gilbreath Gals

Natalie went for her first haircut today. It didn't start off well (as you can see from the pics). She was rather upset. But, I remembered from Melanie's first haircut there that she got her 1st lollipop so I asked for one for Natalie and the mood of the haircut dramatically changed (as you can tell). They didn't really cut much hair off at all- just enough to even it out and create a nice little bag of hair for me to take home. Then we went to the park for a fun day. We followed the park with a swim lesson. Clint was lucky enough to get off of work early and come with me to the swim lesson. The kids typically sit on the stairs until their turn. Clint was holding Natalie and I was feeding her puffs (keeping her from the edge of the pool is quite a task these days). The next thing I know I hear Clint gasp and I look over and Melanie has fallen off the stairs and the teacher is quickly trying to get back from far down the pool with another kid in tow and I was much quicker and had to run to the edge of the pool and yank Melanie back to safety. Good grief...completely why she is in swim lessons to begin with! Oh, also a quick funny line from Melanie...we came out of the gym this morning and it had started to rain and Melanie said "Oh crud muffin!" Too cute. I laughed and she said, is this okay for kids and grownups to say? I assured her, yes, that is okay for kids and grownups to say :) This is a typical day in the life of me staying home.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

what park is that at? it looks like fun!

Leslie Gilbreath said...

Bay Creek Park in Grayson/Loganville...

Aileen said...

That playground looks awesome. I can't wait until Nate can do all that!