Monday, April 27, 2009

Busy Busy Bees

Funny day last Thursday so I am going to report...
We started off with the gym and then gymnastics. All was going well for both girls. Natalie loves gymnastics even more now that she can walk. Then we met my parents for lunch at Moe's. It was just normal fun. Then I overheard my dad and Melanie talking and pestering one another...ends up:
Jerry (in a joking fashion): "I'm going to slap you"
Melanie: "If you slap me then I'll put you on the orange bus."
This caused my dad immediate confusion. I had to explain that we've explained to Melanie after some of her questioning that the orange bus is for people who make bad choices and the police have to watch them. So, apparently she didn't find Pops' joke funny and decided he needed to go on the orange bus. We left lunch and I took Natalie to her first movie and Melanie to her first 2009 movie: Earth. Well, let me just say it is NOT great. There were only about 6 other people in the theater which was great. I decided to just sit the girls in the hallway so they could move around and wiggle and not disturb anyone. So, if people are not embarrassed, this was the way to go. Yes, we paid $15 to sit on the floor but the ease of letting the girls move was great. However, the movie was so blah that it didn't matter. We left with about 20 minutes left. I recommend it for a 3rd grade science teacher to show in their class. Then maybe it would be cool. Just for example, it showed a pride of lions killing a mommy elephant. Quality...yes the circle of life but- really, in a kids movie?
Then we went to swim lessons where Natalie moves CONSTANTLY- it is so much effort on my part to contain her in the pool area.
FINALLY home....I was worn out!

Then Saturday and Sunday we took a quick trip to Chattanooga to see some family. We haven't gone since about August so we were due to go. It was a great, though quick trip. Melanie seems to really understand who everyone is and enjoyed spending time with my mom's mom. I think Natalie took to Dee, my mom's sister. Natalie also loved my aunt's dogs...especially her 6 month puppy- Ben! She kept pointing say "dog" "woof" "woof" I attempted a Smilebox but some pics ended up too zoomed in so yes, some look a little strange. My attempt is that, an attempt. ENJOY!

One last funny story- my mother-in-law took the girls to the Game Ranch today and a deer jumped up on her back with his legs across her shoulders. Donna said Melanie was more freaked out than she was...I can't even imagine!

\
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Chattanooga 2009
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

3 comments:

Aileen said...

Thats crazy that Natalie actually liked a dog besides Shelby!

Aileen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

Sounds like a fun day! LOL at the orange bus! :P