Monday, June 30, 2008

The Lazy Days of Summer

Enjoying a Popsicle to make her feel better. They are the "slow melt" kind- I suggest them to all parents!
Lazy Days of Summer....
Well, not really but wishful thinking I guess! Both girls are still sick. Melanie is improving though. She is just still a bit congested (coughing a lot makes her throw up- now 2 times) but her personality and energy seem normal. She loves her antibiotics and keeps asking when she can get some more. Last night we bribed her to eat mac and cheese with antibiotics. Whatever, weird child. She is not eating too much these days (not b/c of being sick)- though she still has some thighs and a booty she is getting skinnier and skinnier. I guess she is losing her baby body :(

Natalie is another story. I wouldn't be surprised if she gains 10 lbs with this sickness (and if I lose the 10) b/c she loves the comfort of nursing and that is what she is doing...quite often! She is absolutely pitiful and I feel for any parent that has a truly sick (like way more than Natalie) newborn b/c you feel so helpless. She just whines, sneezes, coughs (a really nasty cough), sleeps, eats, and throws up. She has thrown up on me, yes, literally on me 3 times in the past 24 hours. After her bath last night she was on her changing table and we were playing peek-a-boo and she threw up in my face- like projectile up into my face. GROSS!! Though I feel super sorry for her it was so sick. And the grossest part of it all...Shelby loves to attack the throw up and see how fast she can lick it up before I get it cleaned. I'm calling the doctor back this morning to make sure there is nothing different we should do for Natalie. Pitiful little baby!

By the way the pics are from the baptism from a family friend...I didn't get any pics and thank goodness he took some and emailed them to us!

She is explaining that she got a Popsicle b/c she was good at the restaurant. She then says that she had nice hands with Natalie (a couple of weeks ago she slapped Natalie...we are working on that) Don't ask me what she starts talking about at the end of the video...just going into a little time to express whatever is on her mind I guess!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh. I am glad there is some light at the tunnel. Hopefully the vomitting will subside soon-believe me, I'm right there with you. Grace threw up at McD's today...lovely. Read more about that on my blog!

carrie said...

slow melt?

uh. please. share.

how did i miss this? how is this possible?

carrie said...

sorry, i'm a moron...hit publish too quick,
feel better soon!!!. all of you. bleehhhh.