Thursday, June 19, 2008

Finally, the Vacation Post







































Well, I just noticed on my friend's blog...she just got back from St. George with children around the same age as mine and she has 435 pics!!!! So, my number of pics seems miniscule compared to hers! But, we had a wonderful time. Melanie rode down with my parents and Natalie with us. Both girls were awesome on the car ride down there. It takes a few extra stops when you have little ones but it was no big deal. The place we stayed was a complete dump from the outside- I'm talking UGLY!!! BUT...it was AMAZING on the inside. It was beach front and maybe 25 yards from the beach. It was built a long time ago before they had to be on stilts so we could literally just send Melanie down to our cabanna by herself from the screened in porch. We loved it! It was 4 bedrooms so each girl got her own room which made for good sleeping by all. Natalie loved the beach and would sleep in her bouncy seat on the beach for hours (under the cabanna). No one got burned which was lovely. Mom and I took a much needed girls shopping trip one day. Last year we took Melanie but that was not so fun so we decided she can't go again until she is MUCH older. We had planned to go to a fun wine place and sit out on their deck with wine that day but I was feeling gross from throwing up the night before. I have no idea what happened. I didn't drink a lot and no one else got sick even though Melanie and I shared our dinner. So we were scared I was pregnant. So, the next day I went to the local gas station (it's pretty gross) and bought 12 pack of Carona and a pregnancy test. I went to the gas station bathroom and THANK GOODNESS...no baby! I have no desire to pregnant now and possibly ever again. So I think I had 24 bug b/c I felt kind of puney for a little while and then perfectly back to normal. Clint and I had our anniversary date night while we were at the beach also. It was WONDERFUL!!! We went to one of the semi-nice places for dinner and then to the wine place I wanted to go with my mom. Then we went to a "club" (a building on the island) and listened to silly kareoke and danced. We stayed out way past "curfew" and loved it! However, when we got home it was quickly back to normal b/c Natalie didn't sleep through the night at all during vacation so I had to be ready for the middle of the night feeding. The boys fished and fished and Melanie even fished a little bit with her Dora fishing pole. It was funny watching her reaction to fish. She really learned about them by the end and would tell the other people what kinds of fish we caught and what kinds you have to throw back. The first day she loved the ocean and would run straight in and just laugh and scream when the water got on her. Then 2 waves hit her and she HATED the water the 2nd day. We were thinking this is going to be a grand vacation. So, dad dug a giant hole right beside the water and it filled up with water and it was Melanie's mini ocean. But, with a lot of patience by mom Melanie learned to love the water again. She just really loved the beach and didn't want to come home. Melanie was much easier (in some respects)this year than last. She really can play a lot this year and that was fun. But, she learned how to work all of the adults to her advantage and that was not cool. So we had a few major meltdowns (but what else is new) but we are SO THANKFUL that my parents were there b/c it would have been too busy to be considered a vacation otherwise. The ride home was not nearly as fun as the ride back (put it this way...Clint and I stopped at Mexican in Loganville before we ever made it home and we fed the girls and got Margaritas). Everyone knows...people are much happier on the way to vacation than on the way home! All in all a wonderful vacation and I wish we could do it more than once a year!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love all of the pics! I also love how your house was right on the beach--who cares what it looked like with that location! :-)Makes me more and more excited about my trip next week....and more and more nervous about the plane ride!

carrie said...

your pictures are fabulous! i love the b/w ones...and def the feet. i think i have a baby foot fettish,teeheehee.
Adorable!
maybe next year our st. george time will coincide & the girls can all play together...and also Ellie, Sam & Melanie, lol!