Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Things Kids Say...



Our day at the park




The bra and panty set Clint's mom gave her

Melanie has been super funny with her one liners recently....

A week or so ago I brought her to our bed after she woke up. We are talking and just sitting there and Melanie looked at Clint's chest (he didn't have a shirt on). She then pointed to his nipples and said "apples." Obviously she doesn't quite understand the real word.

Also, a couple of weeks ago Clint had to get new tires for his car. So, when they were finished I drove him up to the car place to drop him off. It made Melanie sad to see him get out of the car and then have us drive off. I was trying to explain he was coming home but he had to get his car back- it had just gotten new tires. Well, for whatever reason she refused to call them tires and instead called them "tigers." So, we were at my parents a couple of weeks later and she decided she wanted to tell my parents about them so. So, she told my parents that daddy's car has new lions. So cute!!!!

Today I ventured to the vet with Melanie and Shelby. It was the first time I ever took both of them. I don't know about little dogs, but Shelby is not the easiest at the vet. She LOVES the vet and acts sooooo excited about everything that she is hard to control. Thank goodness Melanie was on her best behavior. She kept saying that Shelby was going to the doctor. Melanie cried when we went to the exam room and saw everyone in scrubs- I think she thought it was her turn and I explained it was only for Shelby. So she stopped crying and watched in amazement at everything they did. Well, they had to complete a fecal test on Shelby so Melanie stared as they stuck the thing in Shelby's butt and when they pulled it out she said "Thank you." We all started laughing.

Also I had my 12 week Dr. appointment on Monday. Melanie knew we were going to hear the baby go "bump, bump." I have gained 3 pounds my BP is great and we heard the strong heart beat- hooray. I feel less tired than I have and I think my appetite is back to normal. So, I think the worst is over. My clothes all fit funny but what else is new? I haven't had normal clothes since before I was pregnant with Melanie.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So, how did Melanie do at the dr.'s appt? did she hear the baby?
I can't believe Melanie is wearing a bra even before I started wearing one!!!:-) She looks so excited!
Grace & Zach said to tell Melanie they'll see her tomorrow! :)

Leslie Gilbreath said...

We didn't take Melanie to this Dr. appt b/c it was the long one with health history and a full gyn exam- so she wasn't invited...but I am going to bring her to some of my short appts.