Monday, September 17, 2007

Super Fun Weekend






On the elephant ride


At the reptile show

Melanie had a super fun and busy weekend. Saturday I had a work meeting in the morning and then a hair appointment so Melanie and Clint had a daddy/daughter morning. He took her to a reptile show and then to watch football. She apparently really liked the reptile show saying "Wow! Big snake." She even got to touch a few of them. On Sunday we all ventured to the Gwinnett Fair. Quite comical I must say. My parents are NOT and were NOT fair people. So, I had never been to a fair. (In dad's words..."I would rather put a stick in my eye than go the fair.") But, since I'm pregnant the number of fun things to do is a bit limited and I thought the fair sounded like a blast. I don't know where all the fair folks come from but I have not seen them in Gwinnett County before. Quite the people watching venue! Most things Melanie was too small for but there were about 4 or 5 rides she was tall enough (with a parent) to do and a couple of games and a petting zoo. However, the fair is NOT cheap. I don't know how people do it if they have multiple school age children- you would easily spend $100. Melanie got to ride 1 ride (for exp. if we all rode the ferris wheel together it would have been $12!), play one game and go to the petting zoo. I think the petting zoo was her favorite part.
We went to gymnastics today. Melanie did great. The warmup was double the length it normally is because the kids were learning how to do things backwards and I was tired by the end- how pathetic is that? I think I am going to count Melanie's gymnastics class as my working out for the week- I'm sure my OB would love that since they asked if I was working out or walking about 5 days a week....ummmm NOPE! Didn't even do that before I was pregnant. I bought a pregnancy DVD workout...still haven't taken off the plastic I guess I better get busy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like you guys had fun at the fair-we're going to go, too, but I don't know when. I figured there wasn't much for kids, but it will be a good experience at least. You look great! Glad you are starting to feel better...and good luck with exercising-I never had the energy for it until a week before the kids were born!

Mom said...

FYI Leslie!!

You did frequent many fairs as a child! Perhaps you don't remember. We would have to distract you most everytime we drove by one, because you always wanted to stop!!

Mom

Unknown said...

that's funny...you don't even remember going!!

Randi said...

That's WONDERFUL news to hear that you are expecting baby number 2! I have a whole new respect for parents of more than one child as we finally have one of our own. Tyler, Jr. (we're calling him "Bo") was born on August 29th. We've just about made it through the first month and I think Tyler and I have never been so exhausted...I can't imagine getting through that 1st trimester and chasing after a little one too. Hang in there, and give me a call when you can!