Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Melanie's First Day of School


The baby she is obsessed with!


Her first day!


Melanie in my pants...her weight loss success story...

Well, Melanie had her first day of school today. Clint and I went to registration last Friday and we got to meet the teachers and see the class. Melanie really seemed to enjoy the class during registration so I was hoping for the best today...and got it! I feel soooo fortunate that I am able to work part time and experience things such as her first day of school. She was such a big girl. She went right in the classroom and picked up a baby and forgot I ever existed. I convinced her to tell me bye and she was on her way. The teachers said she did great today. Wahoo! Nothing like the gym nightmares when she was a baby.

The cute cute cute thing she does now is hug and kiss the baby in my belly. I don't know how much she really understands. She will ask if daddy has a baby or if she has a baby but I tell her only mommies can have babies. Then she will lift up my shirt, stick her finger WAY in my belly button and say baby. Then she will hug and kiss my belly. So sweet!

She is quite obsessed with numbers right now. All she does is go around and count things. Pool steps, cheerios, blocks, anything is getting counted. She goes up to 14. She still loves shapes and colors but numbers are her "thing" right now.

I am enjoying the change of seasons right and an excuse to get her new clothes. We had so many this summer I didn't have any reason to buy and new ones...now I do :) However, with my new part time pay check I can't splurge as much as I used to- YUCK! But, since we are on such a budget we have started thinking about the holidays and her birthday and not letting everything sneak up on us. So, I was able to go get browse around for her some Christmas things today while she was at school. I went to SO MANY different stores just piddling around. Normally, she would be FINISHED after about the 2nd store but I had 4 hours to play. What fun!!! I really wanted to find some Melissa and Doug puzzles and on EBay they were as much as they are in the store so I thought, well I'll just go buy them. For those of you who don't know, Melissa and Doug make the most high quality wooden toys- including great puzzles. Sometimes TJ Maxx and Marshall's carry them and I was able to get a couple of things there and then I went in a consignment store and they carried them also- so I racked up.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey, if you're talking about the pink shirt, yes, we got pink and white on the clearance rack! they had a TON of cute stuff on sale!
Glad you took pics b/c I left my camera in a diaper bag! I hope my 2 learn to be happy like Melanie when Mommy drops them off!
That is so sweet about kissin your belly!!