Thursday, June 21, 2007

A Side Effect of Taking Away the Paci



So, like I said in the last post Melanie is completely paci free. Things have gone quite well and she even sees other kids with one out in public and will comment on them. Melanie is continuing to get herself to sleep but like I mentioned she is waking up earlier and easier. All in all she is getting at least 2 hours less sleep than she was which is pitiful b/c by then end of the night she is so exhausted she doesn't even know what she wants (out to eat has been less than pleasant the last 2 weeks b/c of this factor). She will sometimes take an afternoon nap (which helps) but they are not long enough or a guarantee that she will take them. So, today at around 10:00 (after she got up at 6:000) I could tell she was tired so I put her down. After 15 minutes of whining around I went back into her room and she said "eat" so I took her down for an early lunch. I was sitting at the table reading the paper as she ate and she got really quiet...as you can see in the picture she was ASLEEP!!! The child who loves eating more than life fell asleep in her highchair. Poor thing- she is sooooo exhausted. Hopefully she will start to sleep longer soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor thing!!! I hope she starts taking better naps or at least sleeping a little later!!! That's no fun.