Monday, June 18, 2007

Ahhh, peace again

Well the week got dramatically better from the last post. Melanie, surprisingly enough, has coped quite well without the pacifier. Monday was super hard but that night she seemed to understand and since then she might cry for a couple of minutes but then falls asleep. The only standing problem is that when she wakes up she doesn't pick up a paci and go right back to sleep so she has been waking up between 6:00 and 7:00 for the day- yuck! Also, her naps are shorter b/c she is waking up so she added the afternoon nap back in after we got rid of it...oh well- the paci is gone WAHOOOOOO!!!! What is so funny is in the car she has become a music critic. I guess she use to just zone out with her paci and now a song will come on and she will say, "no, no" until I change the station and she approves- DRAMA!

Her teeth are still working their way in- they are not as fast as her other baby teeth. Melanie is drooling and can't keep her fingers out of her mouth. It looks like this might be a long process. They have only seemed to bother her twice though and each time we gave her some Tylenol and she seemed normal again. So, no complaints.

Yesterday was Father's Day. Unfortunately I was not around 1st thing in the morning b/c Ruth's bachelorette party was in Athens the night before and I was in charge so I got home around 10:00 am. Melanie and I got Clint a DVD made from some old home video reels of his dad playing ball (Clint has never seen him play) and when Clint first starting walking. Then we went to Clint's parents for the day- his dad just happened to be in town. My dad went to Chattanooga to visit his parents but with the busy day I couldn't make it.

Today my dad and I went to lunch but before that Melanie had her 2nd gymnastics class. It was such an improvement from last week! Melanie only cried 2 times (when we put up the bells and when we put up the balls) and each time was only for about 10 seconds- WAHOO! She loves gymnastics and just claps and says "yah" over and over. She did 400 forward rolls- her new favorite trick. This week we worked on beam skills which Melanie hates but she was a good sport and stayed on for a couple of minutes. Pops came with us before his Father's day lunch and she was sweet for Pops also.

So, all in all last week took an upswing (thank goodness). Let's hope it continues. Oh, one last funny thing- Melanie started going through this phase when she wanted me to read a book to her she would say "read" and then throw the book at me. So, I would say "gentle, give it to me gentle" so now Melanie will give a book to me in slow motion and try to say "gentle." So silly!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Too cute! Glad she has calmed a bit on the paci trauma! Thank God my 2 didn't want it after 4-5 months! I got your message and we will be at the beach next week! :( I would LOVE to go to friend day though! Maybe next time. Thanks for the invite though. Have a great week!