Monday, July 02, 2007

It Gets Better and Better

Since the last post naps have become increasingly better. We did have to add back in the afternoon nap but she is consistently sleeping for 1-2 hours again at nap time. Also, she is sleeping a little bit later in the morning...waking up around 7:00 which is just fine. Gymnastics is fantastic!!!! Melanie has 0, yes, you read it right, 0, tantrums these days- WAHOOOO! The instructor, Ms. Melissa (who is fantastic by the way), even commented on the lack of crying when it comes time to put the supplies away. I think Melanie has caught onto the routine and realizes that something fun is coming up and there is no need to pitch a fit. Out to eat still poses a bit of difficulty but it seems to mostly happen at dinner, not lunch, and especially at Mexican. She loves the candy machine and is focused in on the candy and nothing else. But all in all the summer days keep improving.

I had a nice grown up weekend. Ruth got married Saturday so I dropped Melanie off at my parents on Friday afternoon and didn't see her again until Sunday afternoon- it was a long time to be without her! I don't think I have been gone from her that long since the Hawaii trip. Clint and I went to the rehearsal dinner Friday night and came home afterwards (it was in Athens) and we were able to go out with Brian and Dawn without a curfew!!! It was funny to come home and not have Melanie here asleep and we didn't have to tiptoe around or anything- the next morning was very weird- not waking up to her crying- but I did have to set my alarm so I would be in Athens for my hair appointment on time. The wedding was beautiful Saturday night. It was weird yet again the next morning to just get up whenever I wanted. I stayed in bed until 10:30!!!!!!! I don't know the last time I did that- it was wonderful. Checkout was not until 12:00- I wanted to stay in bed until then but I did miss Melanie so we hit the road to come home. Clint picked her up from his parents and when she saw me she said "Hi" and gave me a big hug and pulled my face to hers so she could give me a kiss...How sweet! I will post pictures soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't that funny? We CRAVE for a night/day alone and when we get it, all we do is wonder about our kids and can't wait to see them?!! We kept saying that all day when we were at Universal. But we SO need that time for ourselves every now and then! I think Grace would especially love gymnastics, but I don't know about Zach...I might look into taking her soon. I'm glad the tantrums have subided-you are not alone at dinner though, ours are the same way!! I've started taking PBJ for them to eat while we are sitting there and that seems to help!
Oh, and I agree about the playdate! Summer is half over already!!!! :(

Leslie Gilbreath said...

The gymnastic teacher said anytime we wanted to bring a friend just to let them know ahead of time...everyone get a free trial class so it doesn't really matter when it is. This summer Melanie goes Mondays at 10:10 and during the school year I have signed her up for Mondays at 10:00- but she moves up to the next level of classes during the school year (19-30 months) She needs it b/c now she is in 10-18 months.