Tuesday, August 29, 2006

So Fun!!!






Melanie is so much fun these days! She is quite the active baby. She will crawl around and get to whatever room you are in- she does NOT like to be left in a room alone. Clint's parents and my parents are amazing with her. I get such a detailed report of her busy day when I pick her up each afternoon. My dad hung a swing on our backporch and Melanie thinks that it is the greatest. She sucks in air when she goes backwards and just laughs and smiles as she comes forward. Shelby is not too bright though- she just hangs out under the swing and gets hit in the head- I guess she will learn someday. The rash under her eye turned out to be no big deal. The doctor thinks that tears may get in her eye folds (AKA- fat folds...) and dry up and cause an infection. She just told me to keep it real clean and if necessary get this special ointment (which I have not done yet). Melanie is also loving big people food. She tries many of the things we eat for dinner. She eats Cheerios, shredded cheese, graham crackers, noodles, bananas, watermelon, some ground beef and she loves water from a straw. We suck the water up with our finger and then put the straw in her mouth and she thinks it is grand. She will drink LOTS of water that way. Here are some cute pictures from my mom's house.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute pictures! Her hair looks as if it's getting lighter! Zach & Grace seem to be going through the exact same stage as Melanie! They are lots of fun at this stage, but also quite tiring to keep up with! We need to get together again sometime!