Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Here She Comes

The princess and her pup

Watch out world- here comes Melanie! I was washing dishes in the kitchen this afternoon after putting Melanie in the den floor to play and guess what came pinching at my ankles- Melanie! She crawled from the den to the kitchen and up to me. I heard her making noises and I turned around and got to watch her get over to me. Her booty is not completely up in the air but she can dig her toes in and go. Her other big milestone is waving. She loves to wave at people as they come in the room. We had a garage sale this past weekend and when people would come up and she would hear their voices she would turn her head, see them, and wave. It was soooo cute! She is continuously saying "dada" with random spurts of "mama." She said "nana" today while she was babbling but I think it was a fluke and that the sounds she made just happened to have a meaning. I'm trying to teach her to say "bye-bye" when she waves...a definite work in progress. But, I guess I've got to get to baby proofing now that I have a mobile one.
Also, I've gone back to work and I've enjoyed having my "Leslie" time away from home and it is so sweet to come back to Melanie and have her act excited to see me. I am able to get her by 4:00 at the latest so we have a lot of time together in the evenings to enjoy each other's company. This summer I have been worn out by the evening and can't wait for Clint to get home but now I love our time together in between the time I pick Melanie up and when Clint gets home- it is our "girl time."

No comments: