Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Baby is 3!

Well, Melanie had a very busy birthday weekend. Friday, I took off work and went to her school and decorated cookies with her classmates. It was fun to see them all working together. If I do say so myself, Melanie is SUPER smart! On Saturday we had her "friend" party and had a GIANT party at Little Gym with 15 of her little friends. It was chaotic but such fun! She loved her princess cake and all of the excitement and attention on herself. Then, last night we had a family dinner and made chicken pot pie (Her request) and then gave her the giant princess castle we bought her. (It was on clearance after the holidays on amazon.com). It is HUGE! 5 ft tall and 4ft across. It was fun. It came with dress up clothes, a wand, a tierra, and a frog :) My parents gave her a dance cam so you can watch yourself dance on the TV and Clint's parents gave her a kids Dance Dance Revolution (too funny). She is not quite coordinated enough yet but she will get there. I will post all of the pics at a later date. I cannot believe I have a 3 year old and that this was the 3rd party we have thrown for her. Time has flown by. Though she has definitely tested our patience and made us take a lot of deep breaths she is getting easier and easier by the day. She is so smart and will talk to you about absolutely anything and takes care of so much by herself (picking up her toys, putting away her laundry, helping to pack her lunch and school bag, etc.) It is amazing what my little angel can do.

Happy Birthday Melanie- Mommy and Daddy love you!

1 comment:

carrie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MELANIE!!

welcome to the 3s...
"terrible twos" are just the practice round-- you know that, right?

makes the 2s pale in comparison. enjoy!!!