Friday, December 05, 2008

My Smarty Pants Kiddo

Well, I know I often brag about Natalie these days, but for the past week Melanie deserves the praise. Here are her latest stories...

Tuesday I was sitting at Moes with Melanie and Natalie when Melanie had the neatest conversation with me:
Melanie: Mommy, today we went to Lauren's, gymnastics and lunch. What are we doing next?
Me: We are going to vote.
Mel: Why do we vote?
Me: To decide who is going to be the boss.
Mel: Are we voting for you, mommy?
Me: No, not for me.
Mel: Are we voting for Daddy?
Me: No we are not voting for Daddy?
Mel: What about Pops then?
Me: No, we are voting for who is going to be the boss of the whole country, of our state, Georgia.
Mel: Oh, then we need to vote for God then.

SO CUTE!

Then, yesterday I was holding Natalie while she napped. (She is not sleeping the best right now b/c a cold when through our family and she has a pretty yucky lingering cough.) It was time for Melanie's nap but I didn't want to wake Natalie up. I asked Melanie if she would just go take a nap and she said, "what about my story?" I convinced her to sit next to me on the couch while I read to her and then I asked her to go upstairs and take a nap. Can you believe it...she did! She went right on upstairs without complaint and took a 2 1/2 hour nap! What a good girl.

I will post about Thanksgiving, our trip to Mississippi and pics later.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Too cute! Doesn't it just amaze you? These conversations with our 3 year olds are so much fun!
BTW, Grace slept in her sleeping bag last night, ALL night! She was so cute about it. I only let her sleep in it on top of her bed...it was adorable!

Aileen said...

Hopefully she will share all her smartness with Nate! I hope she got multiple stars on her chart for that!

Elizabeth said...

Such a good girl, Melanie!