Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sleep...when?

Well, Natalie slept through the night for a week. Then it was over...we'll keep trying. We worked Friday, went to the circus Friday night, I had college yesterday, then a GA party at our house last night and church this morning, then to the Gilbreath's for Rodney's bday party and I was exhausted. Melanie and I came home and guess what we did...took a 2 hour nap together. I don't know the last time I took a 2 hour nap but it was WONDERFUL. I think it was the highlight of my weekend. (However, I had to go to the grocery store after dinner to get everything done b/c I was suppose to go when we got home from the Gilbreath's but it was SO WORTH IT!!!) The circus was neat but I think we will hold off for a few more years. Melanie completely lost interst and really only liked the animal acts, not the people acts. She has no understanding that if you fall off a tightrope you would get really hurt. But it was really fun to spend an evening just the three of us. All of the cute new pics are from my mom. She took them while she had Natalie and Melanie was at school.

3 comments:

Randi said...

Bless your heart! By sleeping through the night, do you mean completely through the night or just the five-hour standard that's considered sleeping "through the night." I hope it's the first one...Maybe she's going through a phase or is growing and she'll get back on schedule soon. Naps are definitely good when you can get them!

Unknown said...

This is probably the main reason I wouldn't have anymore kids...I just do not do well w/out sleep!!! Its so hard! Hopefully this is just a growth spurt or something that is setting her off temporarily!! Hope you guys get some sleep soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Ruth says: Just so you know, I think you are amazing at all that you accomplish! Keep up the good work! Natalie's pics are soo cute & her eyes are soo bright blue!