Monday, September 15, 2008

Not to brag, but...








Okay...maybe to brag :) We've have been pushing letters/letter sounds pretty hard with a few of my students in my class. I began to think...gee...if I can teach a student with special needs the basics of reading surely I can teach Melanie. So, I bought some beginning reader books (mostly focusing on sight words) and she has picked it up like a pro. I need to post a video...I'll get right on it...some day. Anyway, her first book is "I see a __________" and whatever the picture is, is what you fill in the blank. So, cute and so fun. Now, she reads me a book at night and I read her a book. Also, no more pullups at bedtime. So far so good. We'll see how long the success lasts. I finished her last pack and refuse to buy more so it was a little tough love, throwing her to the sharks. She has lived up to the expectations. She continues to loves school and provide me with a super detailed report. I LOVE IT! We went to the Teck's to watch the GA game and Melanie stayed upstairs with the other kids (ages 4-7) all night without us. She only came down to eat. It is so nice to just send her to play and not worry about her putting things in her mouth, choking, not sharing etc.

Natalie is as cute and sweet as ever. She Loves LOVES LOVES to eat. She is nursing 4-5 times per day and still eating stage 2 foods. And guess what...a little tough love for her too and she sleeps through the night. I had a feeling she was just in a routine of waking up around 2:00 am to eat and I didn't really feel like she was starving otherwise. So, I didn't get up to her crying for a few nights in a row and she cried a VERY long time but after the 2-3 nights of crying she sleeps through the night. WAHOO! I think the hardest baby stages are now all behind us. All fun from here!

We are taking Melanie to the circus at the Gwinnett Arena Friday night. Aileen is watching Natalie. We are excited for a little just Melanie time. She deserves it. Enjoy the pics!

No comments: