Sunday, March 25, 2007

Fun Spring Weather

Of course- playing with baby
Having a snack

Posing by Mamaw's tree


Showing off her walking skills- her grandparents (both sets) have amazing grass to walk on- ours is still the dry sod from the winter- it has not turned into wonderful grass yet



She found this chair and claimed it as her own- no one else could sit in it- Clint and I went out and bought her a chair for her very own after this to take to the beach- it is soooo cute!





Playing in the sprinkler with Pops- she doesn't like it to go much higher than this






Look at that belly!




Apparently Pops is teaching her how to drive at 14 months- I said absolutely not to the Harley so the next best choice (in Pops' mind)- the riding lawn mower up and down the street.







She loves straws








Lately she likes to play with a cup of water and straws at my parents- maybe she is going to be a scientist and this is the beginning of her experiments










We have loved the weather being warm. She has played outside so much. Bubbles, water, grass, her cars, sidewalk chalk it is all so much fun. The outfits she gets to wear in the warm weather are so cute- boy do they accent her thighs- it is quite funny! Things are pretty much the same. She is trying so hard to talk. She loves to talk about animals the most (label them and then tell what noise the animal makes). She can now do the hand motions to The Itsy Bitsy Spider, If You're Happy and You Know It, a Christmas Song that we sing at work (Must Be Santa) and a caterpillar song we sing at work (I'm a Hungry Caterpillar). When I come home from work with a theme or song in my head Melanie in turn learns whatever my kiddos are learning. Melanie is hitting much less- thank goodness- I hated that phase. She has to get really frustrated now to hit. She has learned to say banana (kind of). Now she shakes her head no to every food and says banana and points to where we keep them. She has been eating 1-2 bananas/day. At least she is obsessed with a healthy food.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey everybody, thanks for the great pictures. Melanie is getting so big and so alert looking to everything. Boy has she got thighs, not counting the belly, Ha!
Can't wait to see all of you. I will be in on Wed. the 28th. Give Melanie a Kiss for me.

Paw-Paw.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the encouragement-I just hope that the Dr. agrees that he doesn't need another Bronch!
I agree on Melanie and Grace-I was so disappointed that TJ won't let kids come to his party b/c I was excited for them to play together! oh well, now that we're going to be in our own house, we can definitely do some playdates!
Oh, and congrats on the job stuff-I heard everything worked out for you!