Monday, January 15, 2007

SORRY

Dear Party Friends-
Thanks for coming to Melanie's party- I know you all were not thinking you were going home with a bonus favor- a virus! Melanie apparently caught something at school on Tuesday from a little girl who the teachers told me was well (but apparently not). Melanie was sick Thursday but I thought (hoped....) that she was well for her party. I thought (hoped...) that she was not contagious. Mom got sick on Friday so I am not sure who the party carrier was but I am so sorry for all who came down with the stomach virus. Melanie did not have a temp and was acting like herself so I thought (hoped...) all was good. I did not want to cancel her first birthday party. But, Clint (who also caught it Saturday night) and I are SOOOO SORRRRY to all caught the dreaded stomach villain. To save you a call to the dr., Melanie's told us on Thursday to: not give meds (even for a slight fever) and give the following in the 1st 24 hours of the virus: Pedialyte, bananas, rice, applesauce, toast. But, again we can't apologize enough- just know it is short lived, but apparently highly contagious. SORRY SORRY SORRY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So far, we have not 'caught' the virus, but we do have very nasty colds and are going to the Pedi this morning-hopefully WE didn't pass anything on at the party as well! Did Melanie go to MMO today? I guess I won't take Zach & Grace if they aren't better by Thursday! That would suck!!!
Hope everyone is feeling better! I'm sure Clint's plane ride sucked if he was still sick!

Leslie Gilbreath said...

Melanie never had the cold (just a runny nose) but we didn't go to MMO today just in case she was in fact the carrier and not my mom or Clint. I do not want to infect not only the party but school as well. We never went to the Dr. just had a phone call and they told us it would pass and there was nothing they could do for it. Clint took some medical "precautions" (AKA Immodium AD) before the plane ride and so far so good. So, hopefully it is over with him as well. Julian is paranoid Clint is going to infect him b/c they are roomates! But, I am glad you all are fine.