Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Odds and Ends

Well vacation is over :( It was wonderful but oh so very BUSY!!!! Natalie was nothing but constant. We took Melanie to climb the lighthouse and she was amazing and in great shape. I even have to give us adults props- we exercised...semi-regularly while we were down there! I ran twice and about hyperventilated when it was really hot but we did it. Melanie was so proud of the fish she caught- both a trout and a whiting. She thought she was amazing. A funny thing she said was that she told Brian that the waves were so big that she "rode" was a tsunami. Heehee- she had really been talking to my dad. Natalie had to sleep in the laundry room b/c we thought that she and Melanie could share a room but we were oh so wrong- Natalie not concerned about the laundry room at all she slept great.

A random interesting story....My cousin (my dad's youngest brother's youngest son) is good looking. Okay, judge me, whatever, he is cute. (Elizabeth you can back me up on this one- her cousin is Josh Holloway from Lost and obviously she thinks he is hot- so thinking your cousin is hot is only semi-creepy) He has moved to California to pursue his modeling/acting hotness skills. However, we just got word that he is in a boy band. WHAT? Yeah, he showed us some Micheal Jackson moves when he was a kid but I did not know he could be in a boy band. Keep your ears, but more importantly your eyes out for Josh Reed one day :)

So, I totally bribed Melanie today. She and Natalie had DESTROYED our house with toys. Any person that has a 3 year old girl knows there are pieces of things EVERYWHERE. We call her Templeton from Charlotte's Web b/c she collects things and puts them in purses and bags and likes to "pack." Well, our house was so chaotic. I set the timer for the downstairs for 10 minutes and told her whatever was left on the floor was going in toy timeout. When she heard the timer she quickly started crying, piled everything in her hands and threw it on the stairs and said it all belonged upstairs. I then bribed her to clean the playroom (which took her 2 HOURS!) with getting a pedicure. Now she can't watch the Flintstones (or any other TV) until she cleans her room. (She really wants to watch the Flintstones to better understand her vitamins) So, it has been all day of cleaning and bribing but all we have left is her room. Whew, our house is slowly being pieced together- to let you know how dirty our life had become CArnett's told Clint they would have to charge extra to clean the inside of my car b/c the leather had so many "kid" stains on it- Clint said no, came home and cleaned it himself (after they did the "normal" cleaning). These kids have made us a pigsty!

I finished my test, and think I passed but did make a 100 for sure! We'll find out in a few weeks. Anyway that is is that for now...Clint and I have our 10 year HS reunion this weekend- I'll post more vacation picks and funny HS pics soon.

No comments: