Monday, March 09, 2009

My RACE!





I had my race on Saturday morning. I was so excited. I had trained just as my program had called for, I was healthy all week...I was ready! It was not a huge race (maybe 100 people). We started out running through a very hilly neighborhood around Central Gwinnett. We made laps in the neighborhood about 3 times which was kind of silly. But, I didn't know how silly the course would actually get. I ended up running laps around buildings, parking lots, workmen areas, etc. Also there were no mile markers so I had no clue how I was doing. I was getting kind of sentimental towards the end b/c I was thinking this weekend last year I was in labor. I was telling myself if I can do labor I can run this race, however I was pushing less time than the race :) Then as I round the corner for the finish line I see Clint and my girls and I was so happy. In one year I had become a mother for a 2nd time and set a physical goal and completed it... in one hour and 1 minute!!! (It was 10.5 K) Then to top it all off...I won my age group! Wahoo!! Like I said, it was a small race but still, wahoo!

In the pics Clint took all of the action shots including my friend Elizabeth, who I coerced into running with me, finishing.

3 comments:

Randi said...

Congratulations! I don't know how you do it all, but I'm amazed that you make life look so easy. Way to go!

Aileen said...

congrats! you did awesome!!!

Amy Teck said...

Yay! I am so excited for you! I hope we can run a race together soon! Way to go, mama!