Tuesday, August 12, 2008

We've Created a Porker :)




Well I've been back to work and though I work "part time" right now it is not seeming much like it. Last week I worked full time and this week I am working 4 days so...pretty much like a full time job. Guess what...Natalie got her first tooth about 1 week ago and I think is working on #2. I picked her up from my parents last Friday and they went on and on about how she didn't have a great day, wouldn't eat....I just couldn't believe my angel was bad. But, come to find out her top right tooth came in. Random tooth, yes, but her excuse none the less. Melanie never fussed b/c of teeth, but then again she was always fussing just b/c of life so who know whether her teeth ever hurt or not. Natalie took some Tylenol for about a day and is back to her normal slobbery self. She eats all the time!!! She eat about 2 jars of stage 1 food and 2 helpings of rice cereal with 5 nursing sessions/bottles per day. HOLY COW the girl eats. She looks super chunky too! We've also started to give the girls a bath together in the big tub. I've moved Natalie into the big tub before I moved Melanie but it is just easier. Natalie can't sit by herself so I but a small amount of water to cover the bottom and Natalie just stays in the tub on her belly and plays with Melanie. As for Melanie's development she can drink out of an open cup- no more sippy cups for her. I was thinking that in my class I don't let my 3 year olds with special needs use sippy cups so I guess it is time to transition Melanie out. She is doing great but is sad that she can't take her cups in the den anymore. She asked me, "mom, when I am big can I drink wine in the den like you?" Sure Melanie, drink all the white wine in the den when you're a grown up that you want :). Her other obsession right now is the alphabet. She can tell you an item that starts with each letter of the alphabet and if you tell her a word she is pretty good at telling you what letter it starts with. She also likes to identify written letters and tell you rhyming words. All of these prereading skills just started to kick in and we are running with them. I will post a video of her new skills when I get around to filming them. My quick brag for the moment...I have found time to read 1 1/2 of my grad school books- it is amazing how you find time that you didn't know existed when you have to (a little reading while you pump goes a long way!). We had a baby shower for Chris and Aileen at our house Saturday night and they girls stayed with grandparents. It was my first night without Natalie but Clint's parents said she did great...I was missing her a bit but I'm happy she did so well. The pics are from my mom when she had Melanie spending the night.

1 comment:

Randi said...

That's awesome that Natalie is such a healthy eater and it's amazing that she already has 1 1/2 teeth! I bet you are very proud of Melanie too. You had to know she'd be ahead of the game with a special ed. teacher as a mom. :)