Sunday, July 13, 2008

Fun in the Sun



I watched my neighbors 2 kids yesterday as a repayment for her watching my two a couple of weeks ago. Her kids are Caroline, 4 years old, and Drew 1 1/2 years old. They were super! Natalie was the hardest one only b/c she still needs so much done for her. Melanie and Caroline came up with the most elaborate play themes and it was really neat to watch. At one point they had this game of house (complete with all things a baby could need) that had so many details when, can you believe it, a tornado came through :) They had to leave their "dangerous" area quickly and remade their entire house in our dining room. I could not believe the stuff they were coming up with. When Drew and Natalie went down for a nap Clint and I set up Melanie's pool (don't tell the water restriction police) and the girls played and ate popcicles. What a fun time for them and a neat thing for me to watch.

By the way...Shelby is as looloo as ever! Clint and I put the girls to sleep and we were enjoying the end to our Saturday night...I was relaxing with a glass of wine when I hear Clint getting Shelby in trouble. She had found an ink pen in our closet floor, took it under our bed, chewed it open and managed to get ink all over our floor and her head. Clint worked for a long time with MANY chemicals to get the ink out of our carpet but Shelby is just going to have to look stupid with ink on her head.

2 comments:

Randi said...

So fun! That's the best way to spend summer days outside!

Elizabeth said...

Thank you soooooo much for watching Sarah this afternoon! I really hope she wasn't too much trouble. It was probably a lot of driving out of the way for you and Clint, but I am still free next Wednesday if you need a sitter. What do these families with 6, 7, 8+ kids do? Eeeck!