Saturday, April 21, 2007

Welcome New Fish

Well, we officially got a new fish to replace the deceased. But keep reading...it gets better. I decided to go for one "high quality" fish rather than 2 cheap ones. My high quality fish cost $2.19 rather than 0.19 so it should be exponentially better... well one would think that. I told the young man to pick any of the fish in the price range and that I wanted a healthy, good swimmer. I got it home set up the tank and was proud of my purchase. It is a speckled goldfish and WAS named Pepper until Clint came upstairs. As I was beaming about my purchase I realized I got a special needs fish. He only had one eye- yes you heard me right. There is a black void where the other eye should be. So Pepper is renamed Pirate.

Melanie went to the Yellow River Game Ranch with my parents yesterday. I was sad because I wanted to be there on her first trip to the "zoo" but it sounds like she had fun. She ate as many crackers as the animals. Mom took pictures so I will post them later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You crack me up-that sounds like something I would do! Hopefully Pirate will stick around a bit longer than Salt & Pepper...
Oh, in response to your post-my two don't get diaper rash very often, so I was safe by not changing her! It seems that our stomach bug has finally passed...no poopies since yesterday! Yea!