Tuesday, April 24, 2007

WAHOOOOOO!

Guess what Melanie did yesterday....peepeed in her potty!!!! I bought her a potty in hopes to try and start training her this summer when I am off. But, yesterday I thought what the heck. She definitely understands about going to the bathroom- she will always run straight to it when whoever is watching her says that need to go peepee and she is NOT discreet when she poops but still- she is only 15 months old!! So, I asked her yesterday if she wanted to go peepee on her potty. I took off her diaper and sat her down. I read her a book and asked her if she needed to go more or if she was finished. She signed more so I read her another book. I then asked if she was finished and she told me no. So I started another book. I didn't get through this other book when she said "inished" (she doesn't say the "f"). So she stood up and she and I looked in the potty and guess what- there was pee in the potty!!! We took it to the big potty, poured it in and flushed. Then she got a mini Hershey's bar b/c that was all I had. I was so excited I think I scared her. I could tell she needed to poop later in the night so I took her to the potty but I was too late- she had already pooped in her diaper but she put on a show anyway grunting and straining but no luck. I don't think she has any clue to initiate the potty or to hold her peepee but I think she could definitely be trip-trained at this point. Wahoo- big girl!!!!!

No comments: