Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Our Trip to Mississippi

Melanie with her great grandmother.
Melanie with her nanna and her great grandparents: Papaw and Memaw
Hello friends!
Okay- I know this is not the greatest picture of her but it shows her sitting up pretty well.

Melanie was an angel on our trip to Mississippi to see her great grandparents. She slept the entire way there and the entire way back only waking up to eat. She was so good at her great grandparents house and enjoyed the constant attention she was getting. She began babbling "ma ma" when we were there. I don't think that she has any type of meaning attached to saying it. I think now that she has figured out how to "talk" that she doesn't want to stop. The other day we were out to eat and she just wanted to scream VERY loud. Not because she was mad or because she wanted anything- she just thought it was funny to hear herself scream so loud that it would echo. Needless to say we had to leave the restaurant. I don't think I need to even write that I enjoy "ma ma" much more than screaming. She is continuing to enjoy her baby food- there does not seem to be much that she does not like. She also loves playing with blocks. She will put them in a container pour them out and knock them over when I stack them up. She also loves to pull on Shelby's fur and I think Shelby secretly enjoys it as well because I can't separate the two of them.

No comments: