Saturday, May 20, 2006

Doctor's Appt.

Well, Melanie's 4 month doctor's appointment did not quite go the way I intended. Unfortunately on the way to the appointment we got in a pretty bad wreck. There was an older couple trying to cross 4 lanes of traffic by taking a left from a residential road across Five Forks heading back to Lilburn in front of Five Forks Library and they had stopped in the middle of the road in their attempt to turn left and I ran straight into them (I was going straight down Five Forks toward Lawrenceville). Thankfully everyone (including the older couple) was okay and that is what is important. Melanie slept through the entire event. I immediately got her out of her car seat as soon as my car stopped and she was still asleep and I didn't know if this was a good or bad thing. But, as soon as she woke up she seemed alert and fine. The paramedics came to check her just because she is so little. They gave her the okay and I eventually got her on to the pediatrician so he could check her also. They were very kind and stayed late to wait for us even though it was a Friday afternoon. The pediatrician said she looked fine. She weighed 14 pounds 5 ounces. She was given the all clear to eat rice cereal and in about a week baby food- hooray! She didn't get any shots because if there were injuries that we didn't notice he didn't want any reactions to the shots to mask the injuries that may have occurred. Clint stayed with my car during the whole ordeal and watched it get towed away :( Ironically enough I came home to a car payment- not quite what you want to pay when you don't even have your car at home! But, the older couple was very kind and they have insurance that should cover it all and I am just soooo thankful no one was injured. The car behind me (which would have run into the older couple had I not been there) was being driven by a pregnant woman so I guess in an odd way it was a good thing it was me that was involved in the wreck and not her.

No comments: