Monday, May 08, 2006

Boy have we been busy!

Well, Clint, Melanie & I survived Hawaii. Clint and I had a blast though I cried the entire way to the airport and each time I called and heard her cooing in the background. I think our parents enjoyed spending extended time with her but I think my parents were glad for us to be back also! Melanie has been spending some time with babysitters as we get more and more busy. Elizabeth (one of my co-workers) watched her when we went to Brian & Dawn's wedding shower and my bosses daughter watched her for an entire day when my dad was sick. It is a good thing we have such an extended group of people I trust to watch her. Otherwise I don't know what we would do. I can't wait for this summer when I can just spend time with her and not worry about work and everything else on my to-do list. Since she is growing so fast I think we might actually be able to "play" some this summer. Melanie loves to turn over and will roll back and forth the minute she is put on the ground (especially in her crib-she is in constant motion in her crib). She also loves to grab things and pull on them. She is drooling up a storm- I wonder if teeth are in the close future-AAHHH! She can sit up by herself if I hold her hands or support her lower back. It will be so weird when she can sit completely unsupported. She goes to the doctor again in about 1 1/2 weeks so we will see how gigantic she has become. I hope that the doctor gives us the go ahead to start her on some food (at least rice cereal). She will be 4 1/2 months at her appointment so surely so. Anyway- I have to get back to work. Here are some recent pictures. Melanie 14 weeks
View from our balcony
Our pool
On the coast of Hawaii

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you guys had a nice mini vacation!! I'm hoping we get to make that trip next year!! Melanie is getting soo big! Maybe we can get the babies together to "play" this summer! Hopefully they can all sit up by then!

Rachel