Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Melanie's First Sleepover & Haircuts






Last week Melanie had her 1st sleepover with her BFF Caroline. She was sooooo excited. She stood by the door downstairs looking out the window waiting on Caroline's car to pull up. The girls took off upstairs and were perfect. Melanie thought it was so neat to have Caroline sitting at the dinner table with us and telling us stories. Then, after dinner we had a bit of drama. Caroline was a bit homesick, Natalie decided she wasn't so tired, and Melanie decided she didn't want to share all of the attention. But, a movie to the rescue. The girls all calmed down and were so sweet. We pulled Melanie's princess castle into her room and the girls slept in sleeping bags inside the princess castle.

This week has been preparation for back to school week. I am working on getting the girls on the schedule of their new school (which includes waking up early, napping right after lunch (11:30ish), and going to bed early). So far we are doing okay. They are not too sure why I am making a) Natalie stay up to wait for a later nap when she is tired and b) why I am making Melanie take a nap when she is not tired. But they are not fighting me too bad. And, of course I am got them some "back to school clothes" okay, maybe they were just "on a great sale clothes" but to justify them they are back to school clothes :) I met with the school last week and I am going back next week but all seems in place and I am getting more and more excited each day.

Yesterday I took the girls to get "back to school" haircuts. Natalie had 1/2 inch cut off and she screamed like her head was being cut off even though we gave her a lollipop and it took less than 3 minutes. Melanie really wanted short hair so I gave in and the back of hair is stacked and the front is kind of layered towards the front. Super cute. She was great and will probably be the cutest kid in her class :) J/K...well kind of!

I am ALMOST finished with grad school (Saturday is my last day) HOORAY HOOORAY HOORAY! I can't wait.

Running is going great. I am running short-average length runs during the week (3x) 2-4 miles and one long run on the weekend (5-6 miles) right now. Starting in August it gets harder b/c the training program sets a total number of miles to run during the week and steadily increases it to get you race ready. So far though, going well and I'm just trying to stay the course!

2 comments:

Amy Teck said...

How fun!!! Caroline loves the post and the pic!

Aileen said...

I love Melanie's hair and can't wait to see it in person. She looks like such a big girl! Glad to see the girls had a great sleep over!