Monday, November 06, 2006

Update

We went for our 9 month doctor appointment last Thursday (a couple of weeks late due to scheduling conflicts with my job). Melanie is moving along great. She weighs 19 lbs 13 ounces and is 28 1/2 inches long. She put on quite a show and did not want to cooperate with the doctor. I had him check her eyes b/c they are crossed in some pictures but Melanie didn't even want to open them at first but they are all okay- just mother paranoia. Her cold finally went away. She was not a happy camper when she was sick (not that I can blame her) but she wanted to be held 24 hours a day- it reminded me of when she was very little- boy were those tough times! She is back to herself now thank goodness. She got to play with her friend Caroline this past weekend. We had a baby shower for Caroline's mom and dad and got a babysitter for Caroline and Melanie. Today had some added drama. On my way home after picking Melanie up from my parents I got rear ended on Hwy 78. Jeez Louise! I have some bad car luck! The guy pulled over and had insurance and there is not visible damage to my car but I'm going to get it checked out just in case. Poor Melanie had been in 2 car accidents in 5 months! That is some bad luck. Thank goodness for good carseats! I have tomorrow off so it is mommy-daughter day and I am quite excited!

No comments: